Collection of Information and Use of Personal Data
We collect and store data that you provide to us about yourself when you fill out our contact form, subscribe to our email list, sign up for a subscription, or provide feedback. The types of data we may collect include:
- data needed in your membership application – e.g. your contact details and credit card information;
- data from your use of Uniigym – e.g. the frequency of your visits, the time accessed and classes attended;
- data from your use of our website or social media applications – e.g. email address used to book your free trial or to send in enquiries;
- data relating to your health – e.g. the nature of an existing medical condition that pertains to your use of our application or services.
Our sole purpose in collecting this information is to understand better how you use our site and the delivery of our services. This may include:
- Providing, maintaining, customising and improving our services;
- Providing and delivering the services you request, processing transactions and sending you related information that are of interest to you;
- Internal accounting and administration, including sharing information with related bodies for reporting and audit purposes;
- Identification, access and security purposes;
- Responding to your comments, questions and requests and providing customer service;
- Responding to the police or regulatory enquiries or investigations;
- Monitoring and analysing trends, usage and activities to improve our website and services; and
- Developing a better understanding of our customers’ needs.
As we may also use third-party tools, such as Google Analytics, to better understand our site visitors, we may have social media widgets that collect information on your use of the site.
Transmission of Personal Data to Third Parties
We are committed to taking reasonable steps to protect your data against unauthorised disclosure. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your explicit permission or are required by law to do so.
Your personal data is intended for use by Uniigym, and it may be disclosed in the following instances:
- to a prospective seller or buyer of our business or assets;
- to our contractors, suppliers and/or professional advisors, which may include accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- to any financial institutions, charge or credit card issuing companies, credit information or reference bureaus, or collection agencies necessary to establish and support the payment of any services being requested; and
- to any Government and regulatory authorities and law enforcement agencies and other organisations, as required or authorised by law.
These external organisations are not authorised by us to use your personal data for anything other than the purpose(s) for which we supplied that data.
Storage of Personal Information
All personal information collected is stored and processed in Singapore. We protect it by maintaining electronic and procedural safeguards that are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. In addition, all data is encrypted and only retrievable by the intended parties. Your information may be processed and stored on the servers of third-party providers hired to provide the hosting. Our agreements with such parties require that they not use, disclose or share the information.
Updated as of 1 September 2022.